Friday, August 24, 2007

Mormon Tabernacle Choir




We interviewed Craig Jessop a few days ago, director for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. After the interview, I gave him a copy of my women's chorus arrangment of "Far Away on Judea's Plains". He was very gracious. What a remarkable guy.

Here is the first few pages of another hymn arrangement I did of "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go".

Recently I got a little choir together to sing yet another arrangement, "Praise to the Man", at a devotional for the Church of Jesus Christ audiovisual department in a few weeks.

Even though music is not my profession, I spend a lot of time working on it. Thanks goodness for hobbies. I love it.

4 comments:

Megan said...

That's cool that you got to talk with the choral director of the Mo Tab. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Great blog Vaughn! It was fun seeing you at Dixie's reception. It had been too long. I hope things are going well! Beth

Ruth said...

I remember that you promised to send me a load of your arrangements last ime i spoke to you....but I am still arrangementless....tut tut!!

Hope things are going great for you!!

amy said...

i didn't know you did arrangements. of course i really don't know much about you. ha ha! but congrats on the exposure and experience. one-on-one with the mo-tab man is a definite journal moment.